INGREDIENTS – SERVES 2
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 red peppers (high in vitamin C)
- Tspn coconut oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 small courgette (finely chopped)
- Handful chestnut or button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tspn cumin
- 20g walnuts (crushed)
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- Handful fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 100g goats’ cheese (crumbled)
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6/400F
Cook the quinoa in a pan of simmering water for about 20 minutes, or until the water has absorbed.
Cut the peppers in half, removing the seeds, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until they begin to soften. Add the courgette, mushrooms, tomato, cumin and coriander, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally. Tip the vegetables into a bowl and stir through the crushed walnuts. Add the quinoa and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, and stir everything together.