Rose is a Yoga teacher and currently studying Yin and Somatic Trauma Therapy with Embodied Philosophy. She has an MA in Psychoanalysis and has completed her Reiki 1 training. She also offers Tarot readings & Astrology natal chart readings.
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light,
but by making the darkness conscious.”
My yoga practice began when I was fairly young, coming from a family of Psychotherapists and Yogis, the link between the mind and body has been a concept I have been exploring from a young age. However, the true healing power of Yoga was revealed to me when I delved deeper into my own practice in my late teens which guided me through some challenging times. This inspired me to travel to India in 2014 – I ended up staying for four months! After this, I decided to embark on a YTTC in 2015. My practice focuses on the physical, spiritual and mental wellbeing aspects of yoga, using bodywork as a way of releasing trauma and healing – emphasising mental health and “shadow work” within a yogic context has been key to my explorations.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- I am currently studying for my 60 hours in Yin online with Sampoorna Yoga and training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Embodied Philosophy.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with Soma Yoga 2015-16
- MA in Psychoanalysis (With Brunel University, 2016)
- 300 hours in Vinyasa Flow (with a Yin emphasis) with Sampoorna Yoga, India in 2018.
- I have also completed a 2-week immersive course in Sivananda Yoga with the Sivananda School in Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Reiki 1 attunement with Usha at Buddhahall in Bhagsu, Dharmasala.
- 10 day Vipassana retreat, Dharmasala (All in India, 2014).
This variety of training enables me to offer a holistic approach to my yoga teaching and practice. My eclectic 200-hour teacher training with Nicole Aarons (Soma Yoga) was based on the Ashtanga series but also included an introduction to Kundalini, Yoga Nidra and Ayurveda with an emphasis on elemental/seasonal and astrologically themed Yoga. I studied Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Society for my Masters, after my YTTC, focusing my thesis on the psychic Drives as seen from a Buddhist and psychoanalytic perspective (looking at the Nirvana principle) with the intention of combining both eastern and western philosophy in a therapeutic way with clients. My 300-hour training with Sampoorna Yoga in Vinyasa Flow – with a Yin emphasis from Angela Jarvis Reed – also introduced us to using Yoga Therapy, using, in part, Anodea Judith’s Chakra theory and Yin theory of meridian lines for emotional Fascial release. I have been inspired by Bessel Van der Kolk’s amazing book “the body keeps the score” which encouraged me to undertake a course in Somatic Trauma Therapy. My mentor is a Jungian body/mind healing Yoga and meditation teacher and psychotherapist. After being introduced to the occult by my aunt as a child, I have been studying and practising tarot and astrology since my early teens and use these as tools to offer 1:1 healing/counselling.
- Private 1:1 Yoga and/or Yoga Therapy. I aim to integrate both yogic philosophy and western psychotherapeutic ideas into my own practice and into work with clients, with the intention to resolve self-limiting patterns in the unconscious using verbal coaching, bodywork, energy healing, guided meditation, dream-work and other tools. I aim to bring a holistic approach both to my group classes and to my 1:1 clients.
- Private Yoga groups.
- MoreYoga public classes.
- Tarot readings. Astrology natal chart readings.