150 Hours Top Up
MODULE 1: Deepening Knowledge
This module will foster an environment of personal growth and development for the existing yoga teacher and help you deepen your teaching skills. The course will support you on your path as a teacher and practitioner, helping you use the knowledge and skills you already have, while at the same time topping these up through refining them. You will receive the information and training you need, so that you can prepare classes efficiently, without having to re-invent the wheel each time, while still keeping your students engaged, keen and learning.
- Deepening your sequencing skills
- Refining your class structure
- Intelligent class preparation, avoiding overload for you and your students
- Theming to anatomical themes and integrating philosophy, pranayama and meditation in class.
- Always a student: how to continue and grow and self-educate
- Keeping yourself in check: finding a mentor/supervision in the world of yoga
- Self-care: your self-practice as a teacher, avoiding burnout, finding balance.
MODULE 2: Reading the class
This module will focus on deepening our knowledge of injuries and catering to them. We will also learn the skills we need, to cater to one to one yoga, as well as preparing classes that cater to specific conditions and injuries. We will be deepening our body reading and verbal cuing skills, in order for our teaching to become more effective and targeted to those attending our classes.
- Working with injuries or specific demographics (back-care, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, hypermobility, post-natal, etc)
- Theming classes for specific demographics (back-care, runners, mental health, etc)
- Refining your body reading skills: know your clients
- Refining your verbal cuing skills: the art of clear language
- Teaching one to one: catering to the individual
MODULE 3: Teaching for life
The ultimate business skills toolkit: teaching for life.
Making a living as a self-employed yoga teacher is incredibly challenging . It is important for yoga teachers to feel grounded and stable financially, so that they can deliver teachings from a place of safety and security. Self-employment requires us to be resourceful, think outside the box and address the challenges of a competitive world in order for us to thrive.
- The self-employed yogi: general business skills and practical aspects of self-employment
- How to communicate with your potential clients: website, social media, virtual studio, blogging, newsletters, etc
- Confident auditioning; opening the door to studios and gyms
- Bringing wellbeing to the corporate world
- Manifest your one to one clients
- Your students want to learn more: Setting up workshops
- The travelling yogi: the key to the world of retreats
The requirements for this course is that you are already a 200 hour qualified teacher.